How We Are Dealing with COVID-19
The health and safety of our patients and staff is very important to us. To ensure we operate in the safest possible manner, we have not only implemented stringent safety and sanitizing protocols based on CDC and OSHA recommendations, we have also invested in a UV-C light technology disinfection system to properly sanitize all eyewear prior to handling which allows you to shop with peace of mind.
Here are some of the procedures we have implemented to ensure your safety:
- In accordance with Alachua County Executive Order 20-139, we are requiring all staff, patients and visitors to our facility to wear the appropriate face covering while in our office at all times.
- We are limiting the number of patients and visitors in our facility by staggering our patient schedule, temporarily closing our waiting room and reducing the number of patients simultaneously shopping in our optical showroom.
- We are requiring that all patients and visitors submit to a no-contact temperature check and a brief COVID-19 questionnaire prior to entering our facility. Anyone presenting with a temperature of 100.0F or higher will be asked to reschedule their appointment or visit us at a later time. Rest assured knowing that all of our physicians and staff are also following the same protocols prior to the beginning of each shift.
- Our staff have been educated on COVID-19 symptoms and have been instructed to notify management if they experience any symptoms so that we may take the necessary precautions. Likewise, if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, please reschedule your appointment at an appropriate later date.
Patients with Scheduled Appointments
- Upon arrival to our office for a scheduled appointment, please call our office from your car to notify us of your arrival. Your car will serve as a virtual waiting room. Our staff will deliver any necessary formwork to your car as well as conduct a no-contact temperature check and brief screening. Once the exam room has been properly sanitized from the previous patient, our staff will bring you to the exam room.
Patients Visiting our Optical Showroom
- You do not need an appointment to shop or visit our optical showroom. You may come at your convenience during our normal business hours; however, you will be asked to submit to a no-contact temperature check and brief COVID-19 questionnaire prior to entering the store. In order to maintain appropriate social distancing, we are also limiting the number of customers in our optical showroom at one time, so please be aware there may occasionally be a slight wait.
- Please rest assured that you can browse, touch and try on eyewear with confidence that all frames have been properly sanitized after each patient’s handling using a new UV-C light technology disinfection unit, which effectively destroys 99.9% of micro-organisms.
Patients Picking Up Eye Glasses or Contact Lenses
- For patients picking up a contact lens or eyeglass order (that does not require an adjustment), we offer curb-side delivery. Simply call us from your car and we will deliver directly to you. You may also have your contact lens order shipped directly to your home (FREE for patients purchasing a year supply) by calling our office or ordering via our online store.
- For patients picking up glasses that may require an adjustment, simply visit our optical showroom at your convenience. You will be asked to submit to a no-contact temperature check and brief COVID-19 questionnaire prior to entering our store.
Please do not hesitate to call our office with any questions or concerns you may have.
Thank you for trusting us with your eye care needs!
Quinn Eye Center